Friday, June 10, 2016

review: something neat Shopping Service

hello everyone, it's been a while!

today i'm reviewing my friend ChRi's shopping service, something neat. she so kindly opened this SS during her vacation in Japan this spring. read on after the jump for my review~

i haven't purchased much lolita since Rufflecon. this has been for a variety of reasons, including my weight, increased living expenses, and lack of interest in the majority of new releases.
Angelic Pretty's announcement
of the SDC special set

Mermaid Symphony OP in mint
however, when Angelic Pretty revealed their Shadow Dream Carnival special set back in April, i instantly fell in love! the dreamy color, flattering cut, and more mature-sweet look drew me in. i also love how this release reminds me of the onepiece from AP's Mermaid Symphony series several years ago.

the set includes the onepiece dress and a matching headbow. it only came in the pictured colorway.

timeline (in EST):
April 8th: SDC special set announced in Lolita Updates
April 8th, 6:20pm: contacted ChRi for SS
April 8th, 6:27pm: spot confirmed, estimate for fees sent
April 8th, 9:05pm: ChRi messages me that she's in line for my item
April 8th, 9:57pm: ChRi sends me photo of her ticket number
April 8th, 10:29pm: ChRi confirms she was able to get my item!
April 9th, 12:00pm: i opt for EMS shipping
April 10th 8:52pm: ChRi creates group chat for her next shipping date, which my set is apart of
April 10th, 11:10pm: updates group chat with my shipping balance to be paid and my tracking number
April 15th, 5:26pm: picked up my box from the post office!

fees for something neat:
Travel fee: Flat 500yen to Shinjuku, Shibuya, Ikebukuro and Harajuku. YOKOHAMA and Ginza is 700y
SS fee: 15% + paypal fees invoiced or if you'd like to send gift payment, no additional fee besides the 15%. Payment must be in japanese yen.
Full payment for these items will be completed before the purchase is made. If item can not be procured, all but travel fee will be refunded immediately. If there is a circumstance where a credit card can not be used, an additional ATM fee will be added.
I can combine shipping, so please don't be afraid to ask for me to hold something if you're planning on getting something else to later on.
NEW RELEASES ( like AP ) AND SPECIAL SETS:
I charge an additional 1000y to get to a release 1 hour before it starts. It is a additional 1000y for every hour earlier. For over night queuing (7am or earlier to the prior evening starting from 10pm) I charge 3000y an hour.

ChRi is great at communicating, and kept me up to date as much as she could during our entire transaction. my experience with her SS was so pleasant, i wish i had more expendable income at the moment to throw her way! she packaged my item securely, and as you can see from the timeline above the whole transaction went rather quickly.

here are detail photos of my set. the fabric used is so airy and ethereal, i can't wait to wear this set out and feel like a mermaid princess!




unfortunately, ChRi's shopping service is currently closed as her vacation is over. i certainly hope that she will reopen something neat again in the near future!

until next time,
jessi

No comments:

Post a Comment