Tuesday, May 5, 2015

trips & adventures: Japan Festival Boston and NYC

hi everyone!
my coordinate!
i apologize for the span of time in between posts. last month i was sick for a few weeks and i have been keeping busy with Crossfit. because of these reasons, i did not wear lolita much in March or April.


a few Sundays ago i attended the third-annual Japan Festival Boston with the Boston community. i really enjoyed myself - seeing friends who i hadn't seen in awhile and meeting new ones!













Kitty helping me set up the group photo!
Ben and i arrived right when the festival began to get in line for food, and until the group photo meet at noon we bounced between food lines. everything we ate was incredible! Ben challenged me to go up on stage during the cosplay and j-fashion show. at first i didn't want to, but he encouraged me and i got onstage after all. i was feeling extra confident that day since i was able to wear Veronica Elisse! i haven't been able to fit this jumperskirt since i bought it last year, so it was a really happy day for me (:






there was a great turnout for the group photo, i was so happy! 






the following day, my friend Kristen and i went to New York City together. we were looking for fabric in the Garment District and then went down to SoHo later in the afternoon. Kristen wore Royal Crown's Tea Package and i wore an old school style MAM MAXICIMAM jumperskirt.

Kristen was looking for materials for her fashion line debut at Rufflecon this year. she is entering her shop Atelier Sucre to the indie fashion show. i did my best to help her find fabrics that she needed.

afterwards we stopped at M+J Trimming for me - i'm looking to start up a shop myself and would like to begin with headpieces. i treated myself to some beautiful laces and vintage ribbons. we also stopped at Kinokuniya so Kristen could look for I and i bought the latest edition of Soup and the Lolita in Tokyo Wonderland guide.

we grabbed a quick bite at Eight Turn Crepe and had just enough time to stop at BABY NYC and Laduree.

i bought an adorable new blouse at BABY NYC~ shopgirl Kitsy was sweet as usual and very helpful! she wore a beautiful coordinate with one of AATP's Halloween prints (i unfortunately forget which).

we ate a lot of tasty food!

i wish we had more time, but i can't wait to go back to NYC for my birthday next month! <3

until next time,
jessi

p.s. i changed my blog name, please check it! http://ninequartet.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment