Tuesday, July 21, 2015

review: Baby the Stars Shine Bright Online Shop!

hello everyone :)
in the past year, i have noticed a gradual shift in my wardrobe. a closet that used to be almost exclusively Angelic Pretty is now more full with BABY/AATP pieces than ever before! i credit this to getting a little older, and my tastes changing. when i first started lolita, my favorite brand was Mary Magdalene, then i fell in love with AP, and now, BTSSB is the owner of my frilly heart.


recently, i placed my first order with BABY's Japan-based onlineshop. for years i had been hesitant to place an order, as i was worried i may make an error in the process. instead, i shop secondhand and support the San Francisco and NYC stores - but i couldn't miss out on the Special Summer Sale!



to place my order, i read through a few helpful guides that i'd like to share:
BABY's Overseas Shopping Guide
(EGL) Ordering from BTSSB by cidsa
(EGL) Using the Shopping Cart by kitzune
i also have Google Translate set to auto-translate Japanese to English, which is super helpful!

here is the detailed timeline of my order - i was pleasantly surprised at how swiftly i received updates - i thought that staff could be backlogged due to the sale, but i couldn't have been more wrong!

July 15th, 9:18pm: order placed, and confirmation email sent from BABY
July 15th, 11:32pm: email sent from BABY with shipping total
July 16th, 9:05pm: payment sent through PayPal (select goods/services to send)
July 16th, 9:08pm: i sent an email confirming my payment
July 16th, 9:35pm: BABY sends partial refund of shipping costs
July 16th, 9:40pm: BABY confirms my payment through email
July 17th, 1:39am: BABY sends tracking number for my parcel
July 20th, 3:45pm: parcel arrives at my home! :)

i ordered 4 items: a matching headbow and valleta for my Esprit de la Belle Époque à Paris JSK, and a red Fjord Ⅱset (vest and pants)

as expected, everything was immaculately packaged - a brand new AATP shopping bag was placed on top of my order, which was wrapped in cellophane, then in sky blue tissue paper. BTSSB also included hangers for the vest and pants!

  my items~

so happy that besides the bonnet, my Belle Époque set is complete, and the Fjord set is stunning. the red is in between a wine red and burgundy red, truly beautiful! it best matches my Poison de lamour JSK.


overall, i am incredibly happy with my purchase from the onlineshop, i wish i had ordered sooner! everything went so smoothly and was pretty straightforward after reading through each guide.

what was your most recent purchase?

until next time,
jessi

1 comment:

  1. "what was your most recent purchase?"

    I ordered a Ranka Lee Nendoroid off of Amazon, if that counts. ^^;

    ReplyDelete